What Is Industrial Vending?
Industrial vending machines provide point-of-use inventory management for industrial supplies. Workers simply scan an ID or fingerprint to issue or return items. The industrial vending system does the recordkeeping automatically just like a tool crib attendant, it can even re-order the products for you!
If you can buy it, AutoCrib® can vend it.
Industrial vending machines can be stocked with all types of inventory, both large and small. You can manage tools, safety supplies, PPE gloves, general MRO supplies, cutting-inserts, valve fittings, fasteners, work kits, test equipment, gauges, laptops, radios, spare parts, and literally everything that's considered inventory.
What Makes Industrial Vending Machines Different?
Unlike a candy vending machine, industrial vending machines are different in a lot of ways:
- Purpose-built for industrial environments.
- Powerful inventory management software.
- No cash transactions. Employees login with their existing employee badge.
- User interface designed for making complex inventory transactions easy.
- Flexibility to dispense a wide-variety of item types and thousands of SKUs.
- Doesn't require repackaging.
- You can return items back to the dispensing machine.
The BIG Advantage of Industrial Vending
There are hundreds of benefits from industrial vending that will lower inventory costs, improve productivity, and improve your company. Here are just a few key benefits:
- Reduce 20%-50% of your inventory spend.
- Automate ordering, receiving, stocking, and maintaining inventory.
- 24-7 availability with accountability for employee transactions.
- 100% inventory visibility: Reduce stock-outs and obsolete inventory.
- Significantly reduce consumption, hoarding, and theft.
- Control employee and department spending.
- Turn your inventory data into actionable information.
- Improve job costing, inventory forecasting, and demand planning.
- Reduce travel-time and other non-value added activities.
- Access control by item, department, employee, job, machine, etc. for complete inventory control.
- Increase use of re-grinds and reconditioned items.
- Reclaim floor space.
- Manage gauge calibration.
- Lot control and FOD control.
Think about what it can do for your company if you implement just one feature of our inventory management system.
Standardize Your Business Process
When you automate inventory management with an industrial vending machine you can replicate best practices across the entire company. This is the most comprehensive way to implement lean inventory management efficiently and effectively.
With a standardized process and relevant inventory information you can: better bid customer jobs, understand your real-world workflow, trace-back faulty lot controlled items for recalls and forecast inventory levels based on actual demand. You always know which item they took, when they took it, what job it was used on and how many were taken. You know where your entire inventory is at any given moment with a complete inventory control system.